Kincardine O’Neil Hospital Investigation 2017
Current “archaeological” project to clarify some of the history of the Auld Kirk and its ruins
- To undertake planned and linked activities to investigate and document the history of what is known as the “Durward Hospital (c1233)” in Kincardine O’Neil.
- 1a – To engage with local stake-holders including community groups, residents in the mid-Deeside area and others.
- To bring together experts from a range of disciplines who can build an authoritative account of the Auld Kirk and its associated ruins.
- 2a To involve specialists from a range of disciplines: e.g. archaeology; church history; medieval history; geography and topography
- To organise and promote events during investigations that involve the local community and others who have an interest in history and heritage.
- To give the local community an increased awareness of their own identity through a more direct connection with the history of Kincardine O’Neil
- To record and publish accounts of activities and the history of the Auld Kirk and its associated ruins